Monday, March 21, 2011

NAME THAT ALBUM COVER! - set1

All righty, folks. Here is the first five (of ten) album cover tribute drawings. As stated before, I have taken ten existing album covers - carefully chosen for their iconic/memorable imagery (but not too iconic and recognizable!) and reworked them in varying degrees of artistic license. But there is no doubt that they are referencing the source material - none of them will "kinda" match a particular album cover. Side-by-side with the original, it will be obvious.

Once again, feel free to make comments and crack wise, but keep your answers/guesses to yourself until I have posted the last five images which will be next Tuesday (March 29th) at 11:00pm Eastern Standard Time. First person to "comment" the correct band/singer and album title for all ten wins the original artwork shown in the previous post.
Good luck!






10 comments:

  1. Crap, I only know 3 so far. Awesome drawings though! I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhhh... I have no clue on any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guessed all 5 right away. Fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottom two I get, - the top three, not so much - I think I must be out of touch musically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is one of these is for your own band, Steve and the Prescotts?

    Oh how I enjoy your Jpop stylings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve and the Prescotts broke up. They're all separately pursuing careers in Buddhist DeathMetal/country fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great contest! looking forward to the next set! Any chance we could talk you into doing a tutorial of how you work?
    -Pete

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. you just get better and better!! - Hillary

    ReplyDelete